When I begin to think about specific advertisements, the first one that pops into my head is the recent super bowl commercial for Miller Beer. The commercial was simple and this is how I remembered it. A man was standing in front of a wall of Miller High Life beer in a warehouse. In the background there was a giant sign that displayed the Miller emblem. A black man in a uniform stood looking at the camera and said “High Life!” while he raised his arms in the air. And then the commercial was over. It was only one second, so it is easy to recall the details of the advertisement. Here is a link to the commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYiGpVGTU2U
This commercial sticks out in my mind to be the most memorable and easy to recall, because it aired during the super bowl and lasted for only one second. Advertisers pay millions of dollars for 30 seconds of time to tell convince you to buy and use their products. However, rather than using a slot of 30 seconds to convince you to buy their beer, Miller had the idea to produce a one second commercial. I believe that this commercial was effective because it was different and not expected. That made it memorable and caused a lot of talk. For instance at the super bowl party I was at, we talked and discussed that single second for a good 45 minutes while we watched the second half of the game.
The advertisement didn’t persuade me to purchase beer because I am not 21 and I do not drink alcohol. However, I believe that the commercial was indeed effective to advertise for their product and utilized the element of surprise and being different. The commercial sticks out in peoples mind because it is so different from what people normally expect out of super bowl commercials. Most beer advertisements use humor and sex to get you to buy their products. Miller took a different unexpected route that stood out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
High life!
ReplyDeleteI remember these commercials the best from Super Bowl too!
ReplyDeleteThat commercial sticks out in my mind, too!
ReplyDeleteI was going to write about this but I didn't know how I could write 350-400 words about it
ReplyDelete