Every Monday night I can be found in my dorm room, television on and tuned to channel 8. Among me and my friends, this has become a ritual that marks the beginning of every week. My favorite TV show, One Tree Hill, is the only thing that makes us look forward to Mondays. The show, which is in its 6th season, airs on the CW Mondays at 8pm. The show began years ago, centering on a group of Tree Hill high school juniors, their families, and the dramatic and intense lives they live. I started watching the show with my older sister because the show is relatable to my own life [although, me life is not near as dramatic]. I began watching the show during its second season, and have watched it ever since. I still call my sister after I watch the episodes and discuss the events of the show. And along with the show being relatable, it is also very interesting and always keeps you guessing about what will happen next.
The show first began set in high school. However, after the success of numerous seasons, the characters had to eventually graduate high school and move on with their lives. So, the show decided to skip four years ahead and continue to air episodes about the lives of the characters after their college years. Through the use of flashbacks, the writers fill in what happened during the 4 years when the characters were separated. This also allowed for more new characters to enter into the plot line of the show.
The overall story line of the show is just about friends overcoming life’s normal and in some cases not so normal obstacles. Lucas is now a published author whose book is being made into a movie. Peyton, who is engaged to Lucas, has her own record label. Nathan is working his way to the NBA and is happily married to Haley, who together has a son. Haley has gone on tour and now teaches high school English. Brooke owns her own clothing line and boutique which is being stolen by her mother. Brooke is also a foster mother. These characters have overcome many challenges and still face obstacles as the show continues. Therefore the show is relatable in the sense of dealing with the good and bad events of life in an entertaining and suspenseful way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've heard a lot of that show, but I've yet to sit down and watch it.
ReplyDeleteI like One Tree Hill, too!
ReplyDeleteShannon J
I commented above, but I will re comment with my actual name.
ReplyDeleteI like One Tree Hill, too!
i love one tree hill! its such a dramatic, yet wonderful show!
ReplyDelete