Rule number one: Do Not Procrastinate.
As an incoming freshman, I was not used to having as much freedom as I have now. I no longer had to be home by a certain time and I could do practically whatever I wanted. It seems as if you have all the time in the world, because now you are only answering to yourself. This freedom caused me to procrastinate. I would go and hang out with friends and get wrapped up in all the social aspects of college, all the while putting off my homework and studying. My freedom was fun at the time, however the night before an assignment was due I would be stressed trying to get all my work done on time. And in college, all of your tests and big assignment’s due dates usually fall on the same two week period. So, I would put off studying and end up completely stressed struggling to find the time to do so. So therefore, rule number one is this; do not procrastinate, in the end you will regret it.
Rule number two: Bring a backup umbrella.
As an ISU student, you will walk everywhere. Most freshmen do not get parking spots and even if you are lucky enough to get one, your car will most likely reside in the farthest parking lot from your dorm. One morning I woke up, got ready, and left for class grabbing my umbrella on the way out the door. I began walking to class in the pouring rain, safely underneath my protective umbrella when all of a sudden, a huge gust of wind took me by surprise. The next thing I knew, I was standing in the rain holding a misshaped umbrella that was no longer serving its purpose. The metal that held my umbrellas normal shape and helped to shield me from the rain had snapped in two. And being a freshman, I hadn’t a car to make a trip and buy a new one. So, the moral of the story is this. Rule number two; bring a back up umbrella.
Rule number three: College is not high school.
When you get to college, you are coming to a completely new and unfamiliar place. You will be surrounded by new people, each having their own history and past. In college, people do not care if you were the star of your football team or if you were the valedictorian. No one knows the person that you were in high school, and neither do they care. Be mature and leave the drama at home. I say this because no one cares for immaturity and stupid high school drama. So don’t start it. Therefore my rule number three is as following; College is not high school, so be mature and forget the drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really agree with your first rule because last semester I was definitely a procrastinator and in the end I had to get my act together.
ReplyDeleteI can totally agree with your 2nd rule. One day i was walking and my umbrella just broke in the wind I was already far from my room so I could not get another one.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the second rule and I also used it as one of my rules. People do not really realize that it rains a lot.
ReplyDeletebringing an umbrella was such a help
ReplyDeleteSometimes bringing a back up back up umbrella is even needed. Halfway through the semester, my roommate's umbrella broke, and I gave her my backup. Later that week, my umbrella broke and an emergency trip to Walmart was planned.
ReplyDelete