Last fall, I believe sometime in November, I attended a double feature night on Campus. The event was an early showing of the two movies, The Dark Knight and Pineapple Express. The movies were not yet released on DVD and theatres were no longer showing them, so I went with a group of friends to the double feature night. I had really liked the Dark Knight when I saw it the first time in theatres over the summer and I had also heard from numerous people that Pineapple was pretty funny and that I would like it if I were to see it. So, we decided to go. That night, our group got to the Capen Auditorium in Edwards Hall, where the movies were being shown, and found seats in the upper balcony to the left. The entire place was completely packed! There were so many people there, that they had to turn some people away and could not let everyone who wanted to attend in the auditorium.
The atmosphere was really fun and upbeat. Everyone was excited about the two movies and before they began there was a loud excited buzz of conversations discussing the movies that were about to start. Then, the lights dimmed and students awaiting the movies cheered for the event. A UPB director made some announcements about upcoming events and then the movie began to play. After the Dark Knight was finished, they turned on the lights and let some more people in to fill the seats of those who left after the first movie. After about a 15 minute break allowing for people to get concessions, the second movie, Pineapple Express Began.
The event taught me that the UPB always have new and exciting events going on all of the time. I hadn’t realized how many on-campus events the UPB organized. The UPB director spoke, as I mentioned before, at the beginning of the event, announced a lot of upcoming events that were fun and exciting to me as a college student. For instance, I am really excited about going to The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Secondhand Serenade concert that is at the Bone Student Center next Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those two are one of my all time favorite movies! and Pineapple is my favorite comedy movie!
ReplyDeleteboth of those movies are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI feel like those double features are an absolute Godsend. They're always showing good movies and with an entrance fee of 1 dollar, how could I not go every time?
ReplyDelete