Thursday, April 16, 2009

No Regrets.

This year has been an interesting and very educational experience. I have grown as a student, but more importantly as a person. Going to college was a very difficult transition for me at first, but the moment that I was used to college, as if in the blink if an eye, the year is over. I have made so many new and amazing friends and have met such cool people. I have learned that I have to be strong and stay true to myself despite the pressures to change and be someone I am not. I would be lying if I told you that I haven’t made mistakes this year. For a while, everything about my life seemed to be in order. I had my family, good grades, and an awesome guy. At least, until life threw me some curve balls that I didn’t know how to handle. I made the wrong choices and messed up my next to perfect life. However, I am ok with that. Nothing is perfect. And more importantly I have learned a lot about myself and have become a much more independent and stronger person from my mistakes.
Everyone makes mistakes. Now this I know to be true. However, if one were to go a lifetime without making mistakes, I would feel sorry for them because that person would have gone a lifetime without ever really experiencing life. I feel as if no one really lives until they do something crazy. And most of the time, doing something crazy could mean doing something that you shouldn’t do. I’m not saying that you should go out and do anything illegal or anything like that, but doing something out of your character will help you to find yourself and know who you really are and will help you to stand true to yourself in the end.
And in conclusion, Live Life without Regrets. Every choice and mistake will shape you into who you are. So, rather than regretting the mistakes you have made learn from them and know that those experiences have made you into who you are today.

1 comment: