Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The introduction

Hello there. The name is Sammy. I grew up in a small town about an hour north of St. Louis where I have lived nearly all my life. I guess you could say that I am a small town girl with small town values. I am a very reserved, quiet person until I really get to know you. Once I get past the shy part though, I never shut up. I always have something to say or a random story to tell. And that is another thing important about me that you should be aware of. I am random. I absolutely love spontaneity and just seeing where I end up. This little fact about me can help explain how I have not yet declared a major of study. I just simply cannot see myself doing one thing for the rest of my life. I have too many different interests to tend to. For starters, I absolutely love music and theatre. Until college, I have always been very involved in the fine arts. Through performing, enjoying, or backstage work, the fine arts have been a huge part of my life since grade school.
Another interest that I have always had is sports, specifically softball and tennis. Although I do not play softball anymore on an actual team, I would say that it is one of my favorite past times. I just started playing tennis recently in the past few years, but I wish I had discovered it sooner.
I also love photography. I always have my camera on me wherever I go and I am always snapping pictures. This may sound cheesy, but I want to capture the beauty of life. With photos, one can feel as if they are actually there with you seeing the same things as you, even if they are miles away. Each and every picture is worth a thousand words and has its own story and memory.
And for a few concluding random facts about me; some would consider me to be a movie buff. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite. I am a sucker for cheesy 80s’ movies, chick flicks and comedies’. I love Harry Potter, High School Musical, and the Twilight Saga. I don’t watch television with the exceptions of one tree hill, gossip girl, and the office. And above all, I love God, my family, and my friends. Without them, I wouldn’t be where I am today and I would have nothing. And I would do anything for them in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

  1. I have known you basically all year and I had no idea that you were really into theatre and sports! That is awesome! I also love to play tennis! Maybe when it gets warm we can go play sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Office is such a great show. I watch it all the time.

    ReplyDelete