Friday, February 6, 2009
if only there were more hours in a day...
So just as every other student, whether in grade school, high school, or college, I wish for the school week to pass faster and for it to be the weekend already. When you are a kid you cannot wait until Saturday morning to wake up and watch your favorite cartoons. In high school, you cannot wait till the Friday night football game. And in college, you cannot wait to release some stress and let loose a little. This past Monday night, I was talking to a few friends casually discussing the events of the weekend. The conversation sprouted from one thing to another and by the time I went to bed that night, I had planned out next weekend entirely. There is always so much I want to do, but I never seem to have enough time to do it all. During the week, homework and studying for my classes take up the majority of my time. I don’t ever seem to have time to relax and hang out with friends very much. So each week, I wish the week away, longing for the next weekend to finally be here. I wish to finally get to do what I please. I am teaching myself how to play the guitar, for instance. Throughout the week I never have time to practice so it becomes a very slow process. My weeks are filled with classes, friends, working out, staying in touch with family and friends from home and therefore always exhausting. I never seem to get everything I need to get done. I unfortunately have to choose one thing to do over another and someone of something always gets disappointed. Sometimes it’s my friends when I tell them I cannot hang out because I have a test to study for. Other times it’s my grades suffering from spending time with friends. And sometimes I do not get to hear about what is going on at home with my family because I do not have time to call and talk. If only there was more time in the day to do it all…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
More hours would be lovely when I have a lot of work to do!
ReplyDeleteYeah I agree more hours would be awesome. I guess the older you get the more time you have to spend working.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to this log completely haha. What you said about the weekends is completely accurate. I especially liked how you talked about Saturday morning cartoons. I definitely remember that.
ReplyDelete