Friday, April 3, 2009
Secondhand Serenade Concert!
Last night, I went to the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and the Secondhand Serenade Concert. As soon as I found out about the concert about two months ago, I talked to my closest friends here and ISU about getting a group together to go. So, when February 13th rolled around and tickets went on sale, one of the people going in our group went to get tickets as soon as they went on sale. Phil got there early to get our groups tickets, and there was still a line of 200 people who beat him there. So, despite the long line, we got our tickets and had planned to go to the show on April 2nd. Well come the week of the show, I planned my schedule out to where I got all of my stuff done before Thursday night so I could go to the much awaited concert. This plan works out until, Wednesday morning, when I find out that we were only getting two days notice on a big calculus II exam. So, from the time I found this out, I studying every waking hour so I could still go to the show. Well, after basically only taking breaks to eat, shower and sleep, I studied and decided that I could still go to the concert. So, I went to the show and sat in the 8th row with four of my friends. Ironically though, the original group did not go and I had to find others to take their tickets. Michelle and Katie unfortunately had too much stuff going on and couldn’t go after all. So, I talked a few other friends into it. The group ended up being me and 4 of my guy friends at a Secondhand Serenade concert. It ended up being awesome though and we had a lot of fun. I am so glad that I was still able to go to the show even though I had a calculus test the next morning. I woke up with a sore voice from screaming at the show, and took my test at 9:20am. And to top it all off, I feel pretty confident about the calc exam and I think that I did a lot better than the last one. =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I went to that concert too. it was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeletei didnt go because of studying also but i heard a lot of people were going. I bet it was a good time
ReplyDeleteMy friend on my floor said this was a great concert
ReplyDelete